ONLINE PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
What is a Micro-credential?
- A Micro-credential is not a course. It is an online, on-demand way to earn a badge that demonstrates your competency. The process includes submitting artifacts to be evaluated by an assessor in order to earn a sharable badge that you can use in your resumé, email signature as well as social networks.
- A Micro-credential is a career-building opportunity. Micro-credentials evidence your career skills and growth in a tangible, highly-visible way. Completing a micro-credential could potentially lead to salary advancement or help you stand out in a pool of job candidates. You can also earn professional development credit toward your licensure requirements.
- Micro-credentials are scalable learning opportunities. You can continue to add more credentials to your resume over time to demonstrate new skills and increase your marketability!
What Makes Micro-credentials Unique?
- On-Demand – Micro-credentials do not require attendance at an in-person or online seminar on any specific date. You can complete them on your schedule and still earn professional development clock hours.
- Skill-Based – Micro-credentials require you to evidence your mastery of a specific skill, such as the tax levy. An assessor will evaluate your competency in order for you to earn the credential.
- Shareable – The digital badge you receive upon completion can be added to your paper resume or online profiles and link to a page that describes what that micro-credential entails.
How the Micro-credential Process Works
- Select a Micro-credential – Earn a micro-credential for something you already know, or use the credential process as a chance to grow your skillset.
- Demonstrate Your Competency – Review the micro-credential document to find the learning outcomes and what evidences you will need to submit. When you are ready, submit your required artifacts for assessment.
- Share Your Skill – Upon successful completion and evaluation by an assessor, earn a digital badge that you can add to your physical portfolio, email signature or social networks.
If you think you might be interested in signing up for a micro-credential, please view some additional information about micro-credentials
by clicking the link below:
The PA Principals Association has multiple Micro-credential courses available which can be completed at your own pace, can be started and completed at any time, and can be taken without leaving your home or office.
Click here for a description of each micro-credential.
You may register for these courses by clicking on the links below:
Micro-Credential and Registration Link:
Building External Relationships
Building Internal Relationships
Building Personal Relationships
Collaborative Leadership Coaching
Creating a Learning Focused Curriculum
Creating a Results Oriented Learning Culture
Directive Leadership Coaching
Driving a Culture of Service
Driving Vision and Mission
Ensuring Curriculum Alignment
Ensuring Instructional Alignment
Implementing Data-Driven Decision Making
Leading a Culture of Safety
Leading and Promoting Tolerance
Leading Vision and Mission
Managing Crises and Emergency Planning
Meeting All Academic Needs
Personal Communication Skills
Promoting Collaborative Instruction
Providing Effective Instruction
Reflective Leadership Coaching
Valuing and Celebrating Traditions
Earn 30 PIL Hours Per Course!
Member cost: $350
Non-Member cost: $500
Registration is ongoing.
Any questions should be directed to Julie Sunday at firstname.lastname@example.org