The PA Principals Association congratulates these schools and their principals!
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) has announced that 10 schools statewide have been selected as National Blue Ribbon schools by the U.S.
Department of Education (USDE).
This award is based on each school’s overall academic performance, or the progress made to close the achievement gap among students.
“We are incredibly proud of the 10 schools across the commonwealth recognized by USDE today. This is a highly coveted recognition and is just one more reason to applaud the education professionals dedicated and committed to ensuring our students receive a high-quality education,” Acting Secretary of Education Eric Hagarty said. “This further reinforces why the Wolf Administration has made it a top priority to support high-quality education for every student.”
The following schools were recognized as Blue Ribbon Schools:
- Bethel Park High School, Bethel Park
- Hepburn-Lycoming Elementary School, Cogan Station
- Council Rock High School South, Holland
- Mother Teresa Regional Catholic School, King of Prussia
- Elk Valley Elementary School, Lake City
- Corpus Christi School, Lansdale
- New Hope-Solebury Middle School, New Hope
- Arts Academy At Benjamin Rush, Philadelphia
- Rockwood Area Elementary School, Rockwood
- Oswayo Valley Elementary School, Shinglehouse
Click here for full article.
Source: ABC27 WHTM, Sept. 16, 2022.